POSITION: Patron Services & Ticketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
HOURS: Minimum of 40 hours per week. Evening and weekend work required.
COMPENSATION: An annual salary commensurate with experience, abilities and responsibilities of the position.
Fully paid PPO medical & dental plan for employee; Paid vacation accrued annually; Qualified 403 (b)
employer sponsored pension plan
The Patron Services & Ticketing Manager (PSTM) assures cost effective, optimal revenue-producing box office by
optimal sales through maximum responsiveness to customer demands and reducing costs through consistent procedures.
The PSTM is specifically responsible for:
• The supervision, and day-to-day hands-on working, of box office staff (paid & volunteer), such that a cordial and productive relationship is developed and maintained with the public. The handling of special customer concerns in a professional manner consistent with the policies and procedures established by the Austin Symphony Orchestra Society, Inc.
• The supervision, and day-to-day hands-on working, of box office & patron service operations at performances and special functions such that current and future tickets sales are maximized.
• Preparing weekly season and single ticket sales reports for Director of Marketing and CEO/Executive Director.
• Reconcile all tickets sold and receipts received and cash with the ticketing system, including the verification of all charges, and a monthly reconciliation with the Finance Department.
• Reconcile receipts for each concert cycle immediately following closing of box office at each event.
• Sell Season and Single tickets through walk-in and telephone orders and processing all mail orders.
• Process complimentary ticket orders, including receipt of proper authorization.
• Build all concerts, packages, venues, series charts within the ticketing software. Work with the ticketing software customer support to resolve any box office technical difficulties including but not limited to out of balance end of day reports, online ticketing errors, etc.
• Work with the Director of Marketing to develop strategies to deliver different and varied sales promotions.
• Process group sales efforts and facilitates group sales ticketing.
• Maintain a cordial and productive relationship with the public by personally dealing with customer concerns in a timely and efficient fashion.
• Prompt follow-through on information regarding potential Season and Single ticket sales.
• Provide training to all new box office personnel including the updating of the written manual of box office procedures.
• Work with Marketing Director to orchestrate and facilitate all aspects of subscription renewal process and new subscription campaign.
• Work with the Telemarketing Manager to promptly process subscriptions and sales incentives.
• Facilitate all aspects of the “Symphony Store.
• Work collaboratively with other ASO Departments, especially Development as it pertains to patrons.
• Serve as Tessitura point of contact. Lead and systematize all Tessitura tasks, including but not limited to system and service pack updates, TNEW updates, and Tessitura user onboarding.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Marketing.
• Three to five years Box Office experience
• Minimum of three years management experience preferred
• Knowledge of the Tessitura system is preferred
• Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others
• Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
• Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other Windows applications required
• Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced work environment
• Candidate should have cash handling experience and experience in scheduling staff and volunteers
• Candidate must also have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
• Good problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results
• 2+ years working with CRM software Tessitura
• 2+ years working in the performing arts
• Classical music knowledge a plus
• Ability to work with multiple departments and help with data from CRM.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The ASO is committed to equity, inclusion, and non-discrimination, and it is our policy and goal to promote the inclusion and engagement of the residents of Austin and Central Texas across all protected classes of people, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, cultural background and experiences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability, and religion in all aspects of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Jason Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is June 30, 2022.
Due to the nature of this position and our business, background checks will be conducted as a condition of employment.