JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Controller
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Health, Dental,Vision, Life, LTD, Short Term Disability, 403(b) match
The Accounting Manager will aid the Controller with a variety of tasks related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, reconciliations, month-end process, and financial statement preparation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist Controller with coordinating, maintaining, and controlling the Great Plains Dynamics accounting system and Management Reporter.
• Help identify and prevent discrepancies as well as help maintain internal controls.
• Assist in accounts receivable and accounts payable, payroll processing, journal entries, month-end close, grant reporting and other ad hoc projects Responsible for maintenance of an organized filing system
• Responsible for Personnel file maintenance and on-boarding new employees Assist with annual budget preparation
• Assist with annual audit preparation
• Prepare financial reports for internal and external compliance purposes Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial information and documents
• Perform other duties as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
• Prior experience with MS Dynamics GP is strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and complete tasks effectively and efficiently
Salary is competitive within the industry, commensurate with experience and expertise, and includes a competitive benefits package.
Please email Anthony Corroa at email@example.com and attach your cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references as a single Adobe PDF file. Please make your subject line: Accounting Manager Position. No phone calls or physical mail please.
The mission of the Austin Symphony Orchestra Society, Inc. is to enhance the cultural quality of life for the adults and young people of Austin and Central Texas by providing excellence in music performance and educational programs.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2019
Austin Symphony Orchestra Society, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring. A period of evaluation will be required.