ASO HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR PATRONS ATTENDING PERFORMANCES AT THE LONG CENTER
CURRENT COVID PROTOCOLS (As of March 28, 2022)
Our top priority is the safety of our community, as well as our audiences, performers and staff. The Long Center for the Performing Arts is requiring all guests to follow the below protocols. These protocols apply to all patrons, staff, and volunteers:
- Masks are encouraged but not required
EXPIRED COVID PROTOCOLS BELOW:
- A printed or digital copy of a negative COVID-19 test result obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of the event for all patrons aged 12 and older (A negative test result is not required for children under 12 years old. However, all kids aged 2 and older must wear a mask when not eating or drinking).
- OR a patron can voluntarily provide printed or digital proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with final vaccine dose received at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Negative test results or proof of vaccination must be dated with your full name matching your physical photo ID.
- Masks must be worn at all times regardless of negative COVID test results or vaccination status except while actively eating or drinking.
NOTE: Proof of a negative test or vaccination to be shown via digital device/physical card/ printed copy of test result along with a government issued I.D. Please visit austintexas.gov website to find a free testing site.
Patrons unable to meet these requirements may request a gift certificate, donate the tickets for a tax credit or a refund the week of the scheduled performance.* Deadline to request will be 5:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled concert date. Refunds will be honored until we are at Stage 2 and/or the venue changes its COVID protocol policies. Reach out to our Box Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (512)476-6064 ext.3.
This is our policy for the foreseeable future. We will notify ticket holders of any changes as the situation progresses, including in “ASO Insider” emails. ASO will continue to monitor the CDC, federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue to update our protocols and communications with you, as the situation requires.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do kids under 12 need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result? A negative test result is not required for children under 12 years old. However, all kids aged 2 and older must wear a mask when not eating or drinking.
- What forms of negative COVID-19 test or vaccination proof are accepted? Printed or digital copy of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test – molecular (PCR / Naat) or antigen (rapid test) – administered no more than 72 hours prior to arrival. Lab administered as well as at-home tests will be accepted. Visit austintexas.gov for free testing site information. OR Voluntary presentation of printed or digital COVID-19 vaccine card or vaccine record (two doses of Pfizer, Moderna, or single dose of Johnson & Johnson) completed no LESS than 14 days prior to arrival. Proof must be dated and match the name on your physical photo ID.
- Will indoor seating be socially distanced? Indoor events have returned to full capacity.
Will concessions still be offered at events in the Long Center? Yes, concessions will be offered, but will be limited to outdoor and lobby spaces, and the Kodosky Lounge. Food and beverages will not be permitted inside Dell Hall
- What other safety precautions are in place for indoor events? Seats, bathrooms, and other high-touch surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized before each show. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue for your personal use. Long Center staff are required to wear KN95 masks at all times and frequently wash and sanitize their hands. Additionally, the Long Center’s air filtration system exceeds hospital standards with a MERV rating of 13.
- What can I do with my tickets if I decide not to attend? You can turn your tickets into a Gift Certificate which will be good for one year; Donate your tickets back to the ASO and receive a tax credit; You can also request a refund (Refunds will be available the week of your scheduled performance while Austin/Travis County is in Stage 3-5.). Deadline to request will be 5:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled concert date.* Call the ASO Box Office at 512-476-6064 ext.3 or email at email@example.com for any questions or requests.
Have a question not answered here? Email us at any time. To download a pdf version of this information, click here.
*Season Subscribers can request ticket exchanges and donate tickets at any time before 5:00 p.m. the night of their performance.