ORGANIZATION: Austin Symphony Orchestra (ASO)
JOB TITLE: Database Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Database Manager is responsible for managing the ASO’s data functions for the development department. Working closely with the Director of Development, key ASO Board committees, and the CEO/Executive Director, this position develops, implements, monitors and evaluates all fund development activities in a manner that maximizes contributed income for the orchestra’s annual operating needs. They maintain and develop donor/sponsor relationships and maintain an ongoing, active, and proactive program across the development pipeline. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight of the ASO’s Annual Fund, corporate donors and sponsorships as well as fundraising events and planned giving programs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Gift Processing 25%
• Serve as the lead gift processor and record-keeper by entering all received and pledged donations into database (Tessitura) and precisely track gift detail.
• Run monthly pledge billing reports and mail invoices.
• Organize gift documentation and maintain donor files and records.
• Serve as the department liaison to the finance team regarding timely reconciliations to prepare for monthly close, audit preparation, and general advancement accounting duties.
• Track and prepare audit related materials each year, including acknowledgements, gift forms, proof of pledges, and signed agreements.
Database Management (Tessitura) 25%
• Manage day-to-day operation of the Tessitura database for the development team by maintaining the integrity of donor records by creating, updating, and merging accounts to ensure maximum accuracy.
• Responsible for the setup of campaigns, funds, designations, and appeals.
• Support the development team with lists and reports, and utilize Tessitura analytics to track performance, monitor trends, and inform decisions.
• Serve as a liaison with the Tessitura Network to manage service issues and software enhancements.
• Participate in trainings and webinars to remain informed on changes and capabilities.
Donor Relations 40%
• Coordinate and implement the timely preparation of donor acknowledgements and membership renewals working directly with the development and marketing teams.
• Provide an outstanding experience for donors by managing the dedicated donor services phone line and email address, and by greeting donors at performances and events.
• Review donor communication materials, refresh templates, prepare mailings and welcome packs.
• Develop and maintain a thank you call process including oversight of calls by ASO Trustees.
• Support the development team with special campaigns, acquisition appeals, benefit fulfillment and engagement activities.
• Assist with event preparation and represent the development team at receptions, dinners, performances and any other ASO event.
• Support the development team with administrative tasks as needed, such as scheduling team meetings, submitting invoices, recording meeting notes, and special projects.
• Track and maintain an inventory of development supplies.
• Work with other departments across ASO, serving as a liaison to ensure that all parties are involved in donor cultivation and customer service.
• Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree; minimum of three (3) plus years of documented development experience in a performing arts organization.
● Knowledge in Tessitura a plus; include at least one sample of an appeal including tracking to goal.
● Advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience: able to perform simple searches, dedupe mailing lists, import/export of list, pivot tables, merges and formatting in Excel.
● Provide exported information and standardized reports to meet agency and board expectations with metrics.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management, comfortable meeting with general public, patrons, volunteers, and donors.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to create data driven conclusions and presentations.
● Follow-through to complete tasks; Prioritize deliverables; Accommodate changes or modifications to task(s) as the environment shifts.
● Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail (spelling, punctuation, and calendaring).
Salary is competitive within the industry, commensurate with experience and expertise, and includes a competitive benefits package. Please email Marilyn Willson at email@example.com and attach your cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references as a single Adobe PDF file. Please make your subject line: Database Manager. No phone calls or physical mail please.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Austin Symphony Orchestra (ASO), as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. ASO is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The mission of the Austin Symphony Orchestra, Inc. is to enhance the cultural quality of life for adults and young people of Austin and Central Texas by providing excellence in music performance and educational programs.