Austin Symphony Orchestra (ASO) Assistant to Director of Artistic Operations
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position at 25 hours/week
Director of Artistic Operations
The Assistant to the Director Artistic Operations is a key member of the ASO staff team. The position supports the areas of orchestra personnel, operations, and guest artists/programming. Working with the Director of Artistic Operations, Production Manager, Principal and Assistant Principal Librarians, and Guest Artist Liaison, this position provides overall coordination, documentation, and support of the ASO programming.
- Keep current production calendar for the organization
- Update FRC scheduling calendar in Google
- Maintain performance history log of all ASO productions
- Support department by tracking budgeted, actual, and projected expenses
- Service as manager on duty as required
- Assist with on site operations for rehearsal and concerts as required
- Assistant project manager for large scale projects, ie July 4th annual event Orchestra Personnel
- Maintain log of musicians’ personal and sick leave
- Maintain attendance records
- Maintain all personnel files and database
- Provide all necessary documentation for obtaining I-20 work authorizations
- Assist with annual preparation of musician contracts, offer sheets, and overscale agreements
- Update rehearsal order and other pertinent information in Artistry software
- Assist with auditions from planning, organization, communication, and execution
- Assist with guest artist arrangements and communications as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Artistic Operations
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Ability to communicate and partner effectively with diverse groups of external and internal constituencies including musicians, guest artists, volunteers, staff and concert hall employees.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, and comfort in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations, requiring poise, tact and diplomacy
- Passion for the organization’s mission
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a diverse environment and community is
- Love of classical music a plus
The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Austin Symphony Orchestra.
Will be present at ASO performances and activities throughout our community spanning Austin and Central Texas.
This position operates in a professional, non-smoking office environment, which at times can be a busy with moderate noise and unscheduled interruptions. Routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers & peripherals, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. There may be occasional outdoor activities and exposure to weather.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk; will walk and stand for brief periods of Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Frequent use of computers and other office productivity machinery, such as copy machines and
- Periodic filing requires the ability to reach, push, pull, bend, stoop or stand as Will occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, finger dexterity and repetitive hand motions for manual manipulation of a keyboard, mouse or phone
- Must be able to read, write and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas and have the ability to understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information.
- Must be able to maintain emotional control under
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
Due to the nature of this position and our business, background checks will be conducted as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume referencing the Production Manager position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The ASO is committed to equity, inclusion, and non-discrimination, and it is our policy and goal to promote the inclusion and engagement of the residents of Austin and Central Texas across all protected classes of people, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, cultural background and experiences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability, and religion in all aspects of employment.
The mission of the Austin Symphony Orchestra, Inc. is to enhance the cultural quality of life for adults and young people of Austin and Central Texas by providing excellence in music performance and educational programs.